Thursday, December 15, 2011

Doreen's Rice Pudding

I love rice pudding.  I usually make the regular rice pudding with raisins and cinnamon because it is quick and easy.  I don't make this recipe as often but it is extra delicious.  This is my mother-in-laws recipe.

Ingredients
cooked rice
milk
500 ml whipping cream
sugar
vanilla
banana
can of mandarin oranges


I use leftover rice for my pudding so the amounts varies.  This time I used 3 to 4 cups cooked rice.  I added approx. 2 cups of milk and 1/4  to 1/2 cup sugar.


Cooked until all milk is absorbed.  Cool rice.


Beat until stiff peaks 500 ml whipped cream with 1/4 cup of sugar and 1/2 to 1 tsp vanilla.


Drain can of oranges and add to cooled rice.


Slice banana and add to rice.  (I usually cut the banana in half lengthwise and then slice it so the pieces aren't as large.


Mix well.


Fold in whipped cream.


Chill before serving.


Dish out, dig in and enjoy!  ;)


This pudding will last for several days.  By the third day the whipping cream is starting to droop.  But it will seldom last that long.  It did this time because I used 3 to 4 cups of rice and there were only two of us eating the pudding.  (But it is SOO good, we eat large bowls of it)


No comments:

Post a Comment