Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sharing with Lulu

OK, still no pics but I have a Lulu story to share anyway. 

A while ago I was sitting on the couch and eating a piece of homemade apricot pie.  Lulu was sitting on her blanket on the couch beside me.  Of course, the rule with Lulu is "If you are eating anything and I can see you, you need to share." 

I don't mind sharing with Lulu so I was breaking off bits of the crust for her to nibble on.  She ate them but watched me forking much bigger pieces into my mouth than I was giving her.  I think she felt that I was getting more than my share.

So while handing her some crumbs with one hand and holding the plate in the other, I see Lulu quickly stretch her neck and bite off a huge piece of crust from the pie.  The piece was WAAAY too big for her but she quickly dropped it and broke it into bite sized pieces.

I was so surprised and laughing so hard, I almost dropped the rest of the pie.  What a goofy girl she is!

I can just see her saying, "Finally got my fair share instead of those piddly crumbs while mom sat there and ate the whole thing."

I now know not to sit too close to Lulu when we are sharing because she won't hesitate to take her share.  LOL!  ;)

3 comments:

  1. My sister just asked a great question. Where does Lulu go to the bathroom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She poops, I clean it up. I have old sheets on the footstool she likes to sit on and on the table she sits on to look outside. I have a couple of old throw rugs she likes to cuddle into. It would surprise most people but her poop almost never smells unless she eats something unknown outside or if she gets some meat as a treat. It is not hard to clean after her and I just decided that it all goes along with having her in my life. I make a habit of looking down so as to not step into anything and have a roll of tp in the kitchen and living room. I've been told more than once that I have more patience than usual for a pet owner but I feel that it is all part of life with Lulu. I don't feel it is a hardship because I gain so much more from having her in my life. I just love her to bits and she makes me laugh and shows me much affection as well. What more could I ask for? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Lulu. I can totally see her snagging that big bite of crust. I'm amazed every day at how smart hens are and how resourceful they are at getting exactly what they want.

    ReplyDelete