Thursday, April 12, 2012

Marshmallow Brownies

I cut this recipe out of a magazine years ago and finally got around to trying it out as I am busy making squares and dainties for my mom's 80th birthday party.  It was an ad for Kraft marshmallows.  They called the recipe Marshmallow Ooeys.
Ingredients
2/3 c flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 c butter or marg
2 squares unsweetened chocolate  (I substitute 3 tbsp cocoa and 1 tbsp butter for each square)
1 c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
Topping
4 c mini marshmallows
1 square semi-sweet chocolate (I substituted 3 tbsp cocoa and 1 tbsp butter)
1 tsp butter
I do not buy chocolate squares but use the basic substitution.  Mix the cocoa with melted butter.


Add the sugar.


Mix in eggs and vanilla.


To this mixture add the dry ingredients.


Spread into a greased 8" pan.  Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.


Remove from oven and sprinkle on the mini mallows. 


Place under pre-heated broiler until golden brown.  Watch carefully so marshmallows don't burn.  It take about 3 minutes.  I turned the pan several times because the broiler didn't brown them evenly.


Melt chocolate square and butter (or in my case melt 1 tbsp and 1 tsp butter and mix with 3 tbsp cocoa).  Drizzle over the squares.


Cut into squares when cool.  The squares were hard to cut with the gooey marshmallows so they don't look picture perfect.  BUT - boy oh boy - they taste heavenly.  Yummy brownies with gooey marshmallows.  Enjoy!  ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment