Thursday, September 6, 2012

Martian Cookies

Since I have a number of large zucchini that I plan to use for Zucchini Candy  http://mountaingardengleanings.blogspot.ca/2010/10/zucchini-candy.html , I decided to spare one to bake with.  It was a cooler day here, so I didn't mind using the oven and I had a hankering for homemade cookies.

I got the recipe for Martian Cookies years ago from Better Homes and Gardens - Cookies for Kids cookbook.  My boys loved the cookies so I made it whenever I had zucchini.  I had lost the cookbook through moves, etc. and finally ran across it again at a charity book sale a few years ago.

Ingredients

1/2 c butter or marg
3/4 c sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 c quick oats
1 c grated unpeeled zucchini
1 c chopped walnuts
1/2 c chocolate chips
1/2 c butterscotch chips


I like to use my food processor instead of my grater to grate the zucchini - it is SO much easier.

 
Cream together butter and sugar.  Add egg and vanilla at beat again.

 
In another bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, and soda.  Add to the butter mixture, beating until well mixed.

 
Add the rest of the ingredients.

 
Stir until well mixed.

 
Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake at 350°F for about 10 minutes until cookies are golden.
 
 
Cool on rack.  Makes 4 dozen cookies.  Enjoy!  ;)

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment